== Crochet pattern instant download pdf ==
For years, every time I opened the box of Christmas decorations, I was reminded that I needed to make a new Christmas tree skirt, but by then it was too late. This year, I remembered early enough to do something about it!
I was inspired by a 12-point star baby blanket pattern, and decided to add a Jacob’s Ladder (chain of large loops) down the middle of each point. The modification meant the star could only have 11 points to make it lay flat. The resulting 3-color pattern looks like a Christmas explosion! So I decided to call it that.
Three hidden buttons hold the star together seamlessly around the tree.
What you’ll learn: Jacob’s ladder stitch
- Size: 40″ across, with an option for either a 3.5″ or 5″ diameter hole
- Yarn weight: Worsted (4)
- Yarn amount: 1100 yards
- Skill level: Advanced beginner
- Time to complete: Approximately 8-10 hours
- Pattern type: Step-by-step written instructions with photos
- Language: English with US terminology
- Pages: 6
If you have any questions as you make it, I’m happy to help!
The Christmas tree skirt above was made with Red Heart Super Saver yarn in Hunter Green, Cherry Red, and White. Available at yarnspirations.com (affiliate link).